Saturday, August 2, 2008

Indoor Iceskating aka How Not to Occupy Yourself While Mommy is Feeding the Baby

Really, I shouldn't complain. Before Hannah was born, I was worried about the mayhem that would occur while I would be tied up feeding Hannah. Evan and Sarah have stayed out of trouble- most of the time. One notable exception happened yesterday. I was feeding Hannah in the basement and Evan and Sarah were playing on the main floor of the house. When I came upstairs, I discovered lots of water all over the (reletively new) laminate floor in the kitchen, and the kids in their winter boots. The boots were their "ice skates" and they'd built themselves a skating rink!
I might have laughed if I hadn't told them at least a hundred times to wipe up any water that gets spilled on the floor. I guess I hadn't thought to add, "Oh, and by the way, don't turn the floor into a swimming pool or iceskating rink." Silly me! So after lots of mom-enforced wiping, the floor was cleaner and drier, and I'd had a nice chance to practice my new "You don't even want to know what'll happen if you try that one again" look.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

this made me laugh out loud. but i would have felt like killing my girls if they did that! sorry! what creative kids you have. I'm always amazed at the things my kids come up with.