Monday, August 25, 2008

Too Much

I'm having a moment of overload. This morning was a bit too much (dealing with a few difficult personalities that I am involved with through church), and now this afternoon Hannah won't stay asleep for more than a few minutes, I discover our basement fridge/freezer was unplugged and has a bunch of defrosted food in it, the kids are fighting, and now my washer seems to have conked out mid cycle. Sarah had a huge accident all over the bathroom floor, I found some clothes mildewing in the laundry area... and so here I am ignoring it all, and writing, hoping to calm down and not take out my frustration on my little people. Well, at least Nathan will be home soon!

6 comments:

Cassavaugh Family said...

I hate days like that and the computer can be such a nice respite to run away for a few minutes. :) I do it all too often. Thanks for sharing glimpses into your days. I'm really sorry your day is stacking up the unfortunate all to quickly. But its nice to know that I am not the only one to have days like this. :)

We have a few turning leaves but not much. OH I love the north and I love Autumn!!! Summer has been great too (amazing that a summer hater is saying this) but AHHH for the fresh crisp Autumn days. Nothing better!

peter said...

those days are so frustrating! REally, it's amazing that kids live to grow up. And I always wonder why things seem to all go wrong on the same day. I love you Becky and I'm so glad you sent me your blog link! (This is Kristy)

Dawn said...

Oh boy! Aren't days like that just amazing?! Good for you for finding a way to retreat rather than take it out on your kids. LOL You're a good woman!

Carmen Letourneau said...

I just discovered your blog. thank you for sharing your life with us. I laughed so hard at your children's "wise cracks." they are so amazing.

sarah said...

When it rains it seems to pour. I hope everything has been resolved and you can take a nice bubble bath or something later on.

Karin said...

Wow, as Sarah would say, days like that really burn your beef! Sorry things were frustrating. I hope you've experienced a lot of joy since then!