
Being the third child has pros and cons for Hannah. She gets a smaller slice of my attention than Sarah or Evan did as newborns, but she gets more attention from siblings. And boy, when she gets attention from them, it is full-on attention. (A little too close for her comfort sometimes). On the flip side, she ends up having to cry a bit more than Evan or Sarah ever had too. Not because the crying doesn’t tug at my heartstrings as much. But it seems like she is always ready for part two of a feeding, when we are all ready to load up in the car-to head out or to head back home. When I’m going out alone with the kids, rather than making everyone wait, if the drive is short, we tend to load up and go, to the sound of Hannah’s complaints. So, we’ve taken to singing to her (which seems to distract her, and buy us some peace). The kid’s favorite song to sing to her (in fact they’ll rarely accept any other) is the Name Game. So, we travel along, all singing… Hannah, Hannah, bo-banna, banana-fanna, fo-fanna,… Something about it is so corny, but so sweet that I know I’ll miss it, when we’ve passed this stage.
2 comments:
Hi Becky,
Thanks for sending us your blog. We will be loyal readers!
Bryan and Ellie
My girls love that song. They used to make me sing it about EVERYONE we know. That's how Ella got her nickname, Ella bo Bella.
We love ya! I'll call when our little one makes her grand entrance...soon I hope. Since I get a limited maternity leave, the sooner the better.
Post a Comment