Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Signs of Fall



While much of the northern hemisphere is still experiencing summer, we are showing a few early signs of fall. Yes, to be truthful, we have some intermittent warm days. However, the night time temperatures have gotten cold enough a few nights to make a few handfulls of leaves turn colors and fall to the ground.

This was one of the things I was struck by when we moved here last summer. Fall raced by at an amazing pace, and not just because I was busy unpacking a whole house full of boxes. Fall is my favorite time of year. It seems that Alberta's fall was gathered away into leaf bags by the time Illinois' was getting started. It seems this year will be no different. I guess I'll just have to make twice the effort to revel in it's beauty while it lasts!

No comments: