Monday, September 14, 2009

A thing of beauty...

Today while doing some shopping, I spotted a kite printed with Anakin Skywalker, jedi & star of Clone Wars. (Clone Wars is of Evan's current obsession). It was $2, so I bought it. When I put it in my cart, I wasn't sure if there would be a chance to fly it before the cold weather set in.

It worked out that Evan and Nathan had a little time after dinner, while I gave the girls baths. With the gentle breeze, and since Evan can run like the wind, the kite performed quite well. When Evan returned, he raced upstairs and said with a huge smile, "Mom! She's a beauty!"

Two dollars, very well spent, I'd say!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Definitely.

Speaking of, we got the package. Thank you. And I will mail yours this week, I promise. I actually drove to the post office weeks ago and was in the parking lot about to tape up the box to mail to you and realized that somehow Evan's hat was not in the box with everything else we'd collected...so I came back home. About a week later I found where I'd put his hat "for safe keeping" and have had the box ready to go, but just haven't made it to the post office. Not that that should be so difficult... so I promise to make it happen this week. And there are a few Star wars items in it for Evan, including the toy Suzy bought him for Christmas. Sorry I am so slow!