This one is for you, Suzy!
Sometimes it seems that the progress on our house is so slow, too slow. I try not to, but I do feel self conscious about all that is un-done, or half done. Lately, I took a few minutes to capture some pictures of what we have done over the past 25 months living in our home. It made me feel a lot better about our progress...
When we moved in, our front gate was dilapidated and held in place only by coat hanger wires. Nathan's new gate is a huge improvement!New vent covers, to replace the rusty old ones.

Okay, not a thrilling picture, but it does showcase our lovely new entry way flooring, new baseboards (I put that part in myself!), and door stopper.
This won't seem like a big deal to anyone but me, but when we bought our place, there was a big hole in the wall behind the front entry door, from the door knob. A couple of different types of door stoppers didn't seem to prevent the knob from occassionally crashing into the wall. Our neighbors showed us their "wall shield", so now we are bullet proof! (or at least knob proof!)
When we moved in, our deadbolt was silver, and our door knob was gold, with a big bashed in part that looked like a forced-entry-gone-wrong. I put in the new knob set all by myself!
Another shot of our new floors, and trim work. Oh, all the doors in the house were brown when we moved in, and I've painted them white.
I was so thrilled to get this chandelier! It was amazingly priced on an end of season clearance sale- $20! It is an Energy Star fixture, and came with 5 CFL bulbs. The glass looks yellow in this not-so-well exposed shot, but it's really white. It is SUCH an improvement over what he had before (just as an indication of that- one of our favorite missionaries was over for dinner. He was from California, and had spent a lot of time at Disneyland. After carefully probing to see how we felt about the old chandelier, he confessed that it reminded him of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion!)


5 comments:
Wow! I'm impressed!
I love your chandelier and your flooring! It looks great. And it looks like you've done a lot. Home improvement projects take time (and money). I think you've done a lot in 2 years.
As usual, you guys are amazing!
You're my hero. That's a lot in 2 years. We've been in our house for 11 years. I don't think I'll do a post on what we've done :0)
Becky, your home looks beautiful. I am inspired by you every time I read your blog!
Post a Comment