Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stella, Marriage Plans, and Prayer

When we were at Temple Square this summer, Nathan obtained a copy of the Book of Mormon in Serbian, since Evan had wanted to give a Book of Mormon to his special friend, Stella. (Stella's parents and grandparents immigrated from Serbia in the decade before Stella was born.)
At the time, Nathan pointed out to Evan that we maybe ought to build up to giving them the Book of Mormon, not just start with that.

When school started up again, it seems that Evan had decided he had better find out what Stella knows about religion. About a week ago, I picked him up from school, and he sadly told me "Mom-Stella doesn't even know about Jesus! She just kept saying-"Jesus? Who's that?" An hour later, I had forgotten all about it, but Evan seemed so serious. I asked him what was up and he exclaimed, "Mom, I can't marry Stella if she doesn't even know about Jesus!"

Apparently, yesterday Evan was teaching Stella about prayer, and she said, "Uh, how does that work again?"

I feel like Evan has a real, living, growing testimony, and I'm proud of him for sharing it with a little friend that he really cares about!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What a beautiful story! Evan has such a good heart, and he does have a testimony. Tell him we all miss him, including Chester.

Dawn said...

That's so wonderful! I love seeing kids testimonies grow