Sunday, September 27, 2009

Random Thoughts

To keep pace with my racing thoughts, here are a few bits of randomness from my life lately.

You know it's time to lower the crib mattress when your kiddo falls out. Ugh.

Things have been so busy lately, or I guess, I should say, that I have been packing so much in- We have had gloriously warm and dry weather this month. During the summer I found great deals on lots of supplies (mistint paint that matches my pre-existing deck and trim paint, concrete paint, cute $20 shrubs clearance priced for $.79...), so I have felt so blessed to have a chance to get out there and get some things done. In the past few weeks I've:
-Planted 5 shrubs plus some other perrenials I got from freecycle.
-Stained my new gate (pictured in a previous post)
-Re-stained the wood of my front planter boxes.
-Painted the back concrete steps with that cool concrete paint (also mis-tint, but a great match with our siding)
-I have tan paint (also mis-tint) to re-paint our peeling shed (I'm not sure why the last owners thought that forrest green was a good color for the shed, when the house is medium brown, with dark brown trim...). This may not get done- the wood is pretty peeling and warped, and may be too far gone to repaint. I wonder how much plywood I might be able to get from freecycle.... Hmmm....


Value Village recently had a 50% off day, and I went and got a bunch of things we needed ("new" dress shoes for Evan, some more dresses for Sarah-she'd outgrown most all of hers-. I also picked up some things I didn't NEED, and felt a bit guilty about it (a cute set of matching containers & other bits of randomness). Then I realized- You know you have been living frugally for a long time when you feel guilty about "splurging" at the half off day at the thrift store! (I didn't feel so bad after that!)

Also, grocery shopping last week I got a 8kg of ground beef for a smashing deal, so now I have 8 kg of gr beef, browned, seasoned, and frozen in individual meal size containers. Awesome!


No comments: