Monday, October 13, 2008

My 17th Century Life

Ok, I don't actually think I am living like people in the 1600's, but lately I have been noticing the similarity between life back then, and the structure of my housework.

Monday=Laundry Day (and somehow it seems to take all day, even though I'm not using a washboard and clothesline!)
Tuesday=Trash Day (what did they do with their trash back then?)
Wednesday=Baking Day. Yes folks, Becky-the-non-baker currently has a baking day. Or Morning, rather. Nathan is pretty busy this semester, so to keep our family stocked in all their gluten free baked goods, I now am chief bread maker, waffle baker, and miscellaneous muffin master. Thank heavens for electric ovens!
Thursday=Clean out the icebox and scrub the outhouses.
Friday=we hitch up the horse and head to the market. Okay, so it's actually The Real Canadian Superstore. Even though it only takes about 15 minutes to get to the store, between shopping and the sort and stash once home, it seems to take the better part of a day.

No comments: