Out of the blue today, I received the following e-mail, from an aquaintance at church. The e-mail meant a lot to me, (and since this blog is the only journal I keep these days) I hope you'll bear with me!
Hi Becky,
I meant to send you a note a couple of weeks ago, then got side-tracked. I taught in Evan's primary class a few weeks ago and just wanted to let you know how totally impressed I am with Evan. He is such a thoughtful, intelligent, well-meaning child, who obviously knows the gospel and wants to do what is right. I almost had to laugh at how precious he was at one point. He asked to go get a drink during class time, so I told him he could go but needed to remember to be very reverent and come straight back. Just as he was leaving, he came right up in my face and said very seriously, "I give you my word that I will be reverent." That tells me what a respectful boy he is who truly wants to be good. When he came back he proudly reported that he had kept his word, for which I thanked him.
I have always enjoyed your children. I find them so adorable, Sarah too, with their knowledge of the gospel and willingness to participate in group discussions. I could just sit and listen to their chatter for hours. I love to see little children who are obviously being taught well in their homes and already have such strong budding testimonies. I know you've struggled lots with learning how to help Evan with his specific needs, and I admire you for it. Many parents would find reasons to excuse certain behaviours, but I admire that you've been diligent in working with Evan to improve and correct his behaviours, and I find him to be much improved and so pleasant to be around. There is no doubt in my mind of what a good little boy he is, with the best of intentions, and he is blessed to have such devoted parents who work endlessly to help him reach his potential.
With much respect,
K.
1 comment:
What a beautiful letter! And I agree with everything she said. I'm so glad that she sent it to you.
Post a Comment