Monday, October 26, 2009

So, so grateful...

Evan has had his Irlen glasses for a few weeks now- and it is making a world of difference! Nathan has blogged in detail about it here:

http://gf-gastrognome.blogspot.com/2009/10/rhinestone-shades-and-cheap-sunglasses.html


I am so grateful that it is helping-so grateful that we live in a time that there is some awareness of Irlen syndrome, and that other family members were able to pave the way and find out about it. I had been fasting and praying for help for Evan, and solutions for his struggles, and feel like this is a HUGE answer to my prayers.


And, just in case you'd like to know what it was like for Evan trying to read, this link shows an animation of roughly what he would've seen as he tried to read:

http://www.irlenwa.com.au/irlen.htm (at the bottom of the page there is a drop down bar, for Distortions, select "River")

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so very glad that the glasses are helping!!!! This is such fabulous news. I hope he continues to improve and can show what he knows.