Sunday, November 30, 2008

10th Annual Pumpkin Fest




Can you believe it? Last weekend, we hosted our 10th Pumpkin Fest! We've held 2 in Provo, 6 in Illinois, and 2 so far in Calgary. Thinking over the first decade of pumpkin fest reminds me of all the good friends we've celebrated with over the years, and how our families have grown.



Some years Pumpkin Fest has been huge, other years (usually the years I've been pregnant) are smaller. While the pumpkin presence never changes, lately we've featured other standard fare for the "kiddos and faint of heart". Whatever the crowd or menu, it's a celebration of our many blessings.

3 comments:

sarah said...

Nate still has his Pumpkin Fest t-shirt from Macy's in Provo. We loved your pumpkin fest and think about you guys everytime we carve a pumpkin. Why is St. Louis so far from Calgary?

Jenny said...

it's crazy to hear that it has been 10 years! where has all the time gone? what a neat tradition. can't wait to see you in a month.

Cassavaugh Family said...

I too think of the Ackroyds every time I crave pumpkin. Some days I would like some of that great quick fix pumpkin ice cream. So glad you are keeping that fun tradition!