Lately, Evan and Sarah have been asking more frequently for a pet. I, however, can't bring myself to add more clean up duty to my life (and I'm not naive enough to convince myself that I wouldn't have to nag, nag, nag to get the kids to care for it). So, in the mean time, the kids are "making do". A few days ago, Evan had Hannah crawling around the room, chasing a toy on a string, very much like a kitten would.


Unlike the kitten, Hannah eventually started shrieking, because she WANTED the toy, not just to play chase. Oh, well!
3 comments:
That's so cute! How adorable. Poor Hannah!
How fun that she's such a good crawler!
As for the pet, I'd stick with the pretend kind, myself (speaking from experience here) LOL
I finally gave into the pet thing - we've been the proud owners of a Beta fish since July. I thought the kids wouldn't be as excited about it, but they love the fish! Grace (who insisted we get a female) tells everybody she has a baby sister, her FISH! Jimmy loves to watch the fish swim around and eat. When we're out of town for a day or two the fish is just fine. And if we're gone any longer than that it isn't too hard to find someone willing to have a fish bowl hang out in their house and occasionally add fish food to it.
Post a Comment