Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mom Cred

Today was one of those days where I racked up some serious mom cred. Today while Hannah was supposed to be sleeping, she explored the joys of creating abstract art- with her own poo. No small clean up job there!
Hannah has had a fairly miserable case of the croup the past few days, which has involved lots of wheezing, inability to sleep unless upright, and steriod meds to open up her airways. Tonight, she was coughing quite a bit, enought to make her gag, and bring back the bottle of formula she'd just drunk-all over herself, myself, the carpet, my uphostered rocking chair...
On top of that, I have a load of bedding to wash from our newest venture-trying to get Sarah to be dry through the night in underwear. She's been potty trained for 2 years, and I've tried some different things to help her stay dry, but have always used pullups, since it is a rare night that she stays dry. So now, I am having her go to bed in undies- I suppose because it forces me to make sure I escort her to the bathroom enough times between dawn and dusk. Unless I forget...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I've had my own share of messes to clean this week. Ella's been vomiting and had diarrhea. Last night she had diarrhea suddenly while asleep. Not pretty. Thank goodness she was in a pull up. It could have been worse. Good luck with the night time potty training. Ella did really well over the summer and the first couple of months of the school year and then started having accidents again, so we're back in pull ups. Michelle wasn't staying dry until about a year ago, but then suddenly she was able to with no real changes in our procedures. I'm hoping that it just takes longer for our kids than for most but that eventually they will get there.

Hope Hannah is feeling all better soon.