Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Long time no posts...

My poor blog has been so neglected!!! We've been living the summer life- renos, trips, playing outside... Right now Nathan is at a conference for TWO WEEKS! He left 1 week, and 1 hour ago. Mostly we've survived pretty well (with help from some very kind friends and fam.!). We've definately had our moments too- Just a few of them- The toilet overflowing before 7:00 in the morning. Hannah's not tall enough to pull things off the table, and within 24 hours pulled off and broke a china plate and our Brita water pitcher. Blame it on all the molars that are popping through her gums, (or something), but for a 3 nights in a row Hannah was waking up every TWO hours- and not just going right back to sleep either! I've been thinking about friends (some of who read this blog) who've gone years being the go-to girl all day long, as their husbands go through med school, residency, etc. I've always been in awe of that...Sarah, Kristy, and Katie-You Rock! It's been 8 years since Nathan was gone this long- I guess it's a fantastic reminder of how much he helps me with everything, and how much I rely on him. I hope I don't forget once he gets home!

3 comments:

sarah said...

Just rememeber - I don't like being the go-to-girl just as much as you! You are made of tough stuff! Hang in there. If it helps have Sarah help you make a paper chain.

peter said...

Hey, I don't think I deserve any credit for just dealing with what life brings. :) That being said, two weeks is a long time. I'm glad you've got help because in my book that is the only way to make it. Good luck!

Kristy

Jenny said...

Two weeks! Yuck! That's a long time. And great to see a post on your blog again! Wish I were closer and could come take your kids for awhile to give you a break! Wish Evan could come play with Chester!...Tell him Chester misses him. And I will email pictures of Cookie and the bunny soon...I haven't forgotten.