Monday, September 1, 2008

Kindergarten Eve

Just thought I'd record a few of the thoughts racing through my mind the night before kindergarten starts:
Will Evan's teacher be a good fit for Evan?
Will he stay out of the other kids "bubbles" long enough to make friends? (a current challenge for Evan)
Will he like it enough that he doesn't complain about going (like he did every morning when he was in preschool in Champaign?)
Will he resist moving on to other activities when he likes what he's doing?


Having said all that, I have spent most of my waking hours for the past 5.5 years with my intense, inquisitive boy. I feel ready for some of his curiosity to be satisfied by someone else. Here's to kindergarten (and stay tuned for the adventure!)

3 comments:

Cassavaugh Family said...

Here is echoing your comment of being ready for some of the curiosity to be satisfied by someone else. I agree - YEAH for kindergarten. Its Kindergarten Eve in our house tonight too! I will blog about it in a day or two.

Karin said...

I can't wait to hear how it went!

Jenny said...

how is kinder going? i keep meaning to call and haven't... forgive me!