Monday, July 28, 2008

I have everything I ever wanted- now I need a break from it!

From time to time, I find myself getting dissatisfied with my life- usually when I get a case of "oughtta haves"- thinking about things I'd like to have, or reno's our house needs. But really, when I look at it- I have everything I really ever dreamed of having-a college degree, a fantastic, funny, faithful husband, to whom I'm married in the temple. My kids are healthy and vibrant. We own a house (well, along with the bank, that is...). So many blessings.
Isn't it interesting then, that I find myself desperately wishing for a break from the things I've always wanted most in life? Just a little "me time"... It's probably the lack of sleep coupled with the relentlessness of being the sole source of nourishment and primary source of comfort for a 9+ lb newby to this world. Even if it is a little suffocating at times- I will try to enjoy every minute ( and squeeze in those "me times" too. :) )

No comments: