I try not to wish away my life, but having said that, I’m not too sad to wave adios to July. It seems like we have had a double dose of yuck & sick with the girls this month. We spent July 1st in Raymond, and as we drove back to Calgary, Sarah started having intense abdominal pains, and later diarrhea. As Sarah got better, Hannah got sick, and was throwing up. A bit later in the month, for a few days Hannah had the most explosive diarrhea I have EVER seen. Once that finally cleared up, we spent about 2 weeks with diaper trouble with Hannah. (The Size 4 Pampers were too small, so I bought size 5 Huggies, which were too big and also leaked & about 1/3 or the box were defective and the tabs wouldn’t stick…. After changing Hannah’s sheets after every nap and every sleep. I was glad when the size 4 Huggies started to do the trick) On Wednesday, Hannah started to have a really high fever, and yesterday we learned that she has Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Sarah started feeling ill last night, and now has a yucky fever.
Luckily, Nathan has been on summer holidays, so when he hasn’t been out working on cementing in fence posts, or building 90+ feet of retaining wall, I’ve had extra help from him. Thank heavens!
Anyway, here’s to August (& may I need only half as much Oxiclean!)
3 comments:
yikes!!!!
I am SOOOO sorry! Hope they are all feeling better and will stay healthy for a long time to come!
Oh, terrible! Becky, I'm so glad I've finally refound your blog. When I changed computers, I lost it. It's so good to imagine I hear your voice through reading your words again. I look forward to hearing more about what's going on in the Ackroyd household now that school has begun again.
Post a Comment